Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Sing-Song & Some Shortbread




Yesterday my sister and I vistited our Nanna at her nursing home and we took her along to their Carols for Christmas evening.  It was so much fun and there was such a big turn-out (over 100 residents and family members).  

In between songs there was a lovely lady handing out homemade shortbread.  It was so delicious (I've been on a mission to find an awesome shortbread recipe for ages) so we plucked-up and asked for the recipe.  She was more than happy to oblige and said that it came on the side of the rice flour box!

So carrying on with her Christmas spirit I thought I would share the recipe with you here too....



Traditional Shortbread

225g Plain Flour
115g Caster Sugar
1 pinch Salt
225g Butter



Directions
  • Sieve flour, rice flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
  • Rub in butter and knead until smooth paste forms.
  • Turn onto floured board, roll out to 1 - 1.5 cm thick and make bars or shape as desired, prick with a fork.
  • Place on cold greased tray, sprinkle with some extra caster sugar, cook in a slow oven 140-150°C (300°F) 45 minutes to 60 minutes, until pale brown.


Enjoy!.....let me know how you like them.


P.S:  How cute are those shortbread molds that have pretty traditional pictutes on them like thisles and flowers - I want one!





....Happy Baking X


.
 

No comments: