Friday, October 29, 2010
I'm really excited about this swap! I heard about how great this swap was a long time ago and I've been waiting and waiting for registration to pop up for this years so I could join in! I have to make 10 ornaments that will be sent to Ms Small Fox and she will then redistribute them and I will receive 10 different ornaments back....such a fun idea!
I'm not sure what I'll make yet, but there is lots of inspiration on flickr from last years swap! Check it out - they are so creative and special, I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with this time around.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
These are the little biscuit cutter felt ornaments that I made for the Thimbleprims Studio Christmas Ornament Swap....yay! So cute, even if I do say so myself!
They are really easy to make. All you need is: some biscuit cutters, sheets of felt, embroidery thread, some bead/sequins to decorate and stuffing.
1) Trace around your cutter on the felt x 2 and cut out.
2) Lay the 2 cut out pieces on top of each other and sew around the edge in blanket stitch using ebroidery thread. Leaving a small opening to suff.
3) Stuff your ornament and sew-up the opening.
4) Decorate with what ever takes your fancy!
5) Add some ribbon to hang on your Chrissy tree!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
A few weeks back my SketchBook Project parcel arrived! Woo hooo.....As well as my own specially barcoded sketch book I got this super cute tee and some postcards to give out. The deadline to get your SketchBook in is January 2011.....so I better get cracking and start my sketching!! I will post images as I go so stay tuned. X