Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Year's Read-olution


One of my new year’s resolutions is to do a LOT more reading.  Growing up I hated to read & I do mean HATE.  I would do just about anything to avoid it – I just thought it was boring and I’d much prefer to be painting or playing.  It was only until I had finished my last year of high school that I heard about these supposedly amazing books entitled Harry Potter.  I had heard such rave reports about these books that I had to find out for myself what all the fuss was about!  Well, I read them and the rest is history – I’ve been hooked on reading ever since. 

....But now I need to catch up on all the years that I wasn’t reading.....so I’ve decided to give myself the Gilmore Reading List Challenge.  It’s a list of all the books read or mentioned on the Gilmore Girls series.  The range of books is amazing and comprises of 350 + titles.  I’ve also added some books that weren’t on the list that I personally want to read.  They say, on average, it should take about 3 years to complete – but I’m quite a slow reader so it could take me quite a bit longer – but I’m up for it – are you??

Each time I start a new book I’ll post it up and perhaps you would like to join in with me and discuss what we are reading and how we are going?.....stay tune for the first title.....YAY!!

1 comment:

Champagne Duchess said...

This is a wonderful idea! x